Spring Veggie Tart
This is a great light meal for this time of year once your fresh veg order comes in.
Spring veggie tart
Starter / Meals
- One pack of ready to roll puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 courgette cut into rounds
- 1 red pepper cut into chunks
- 1 bunch of asparagus cut into diagonal slices
- Handful of sugar snap peas sliced into small diagonal pieces
- 200g feta
- 250g mascarpone
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Grill the courgette, pepper and asparagus until they’re nicely charred.
- Whilst they’re grilling, whip the feta, mascarpone and lemon zest together until a nice smooth mixture is formed. If it needs loosening at all add a couple of tsp of milk.
- Cut the pastry in half and put light slits in the middle of the pastry to stop it rising. Spread the whipped feta mixture across the top, leaving a centimetre around the edge. Layer on the grilled veg and sugar snap peas.
- Mix the egg yolk up and then brush the edges of the pastry. Drizzle the tart with olive oil (chilli oil is great if you like a kick) and place on a lined baking tray.
- Place the tart into the oven and bake for 25 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.