Have you tried our Chicken Cheshire stuffed with Cheese
'Chicken Cheshire's' Stuffed Breast with Cheese
If you haven't tried a Chicken Cheshire you are missing out on a special treat. This really simple to make recipe uses our Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Cheese to stuff a chicken breast, then wrapped in ham and baked in the oven for 25 minutes for a super tasty evening meal.
- 4 medium sized skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices of smoked ham or proscuitto use 2 slices per breast
- 150g Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Cheshire Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Creme Fraiche
- Grate the Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Cheese and then blend this with the creme fraiche so you have a soft mixture like cream cheese.
- With a sharp knife cut into the thickest side of the chicken breasts until about two thirds of the way in to form a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through otherwise the cheese will leak of of the breast. Take a big spoonful of the cheese and stuff this into the breast and shape and seal the edge of the opening shut with your hands. You can season the chicken at this point with salt and pepper but the cheese and the ham will provide this and you may find you have over seasoned at the end of the cooking process.
- Clean down your cutting board and lay down two slices of ham overlapping each other per chicken breast. Place the breast cut side down onto the ham and carefully wrap to seal the ham around the chicken.
- Put the stuffed chicken parcels onto a baking sheet and put into a pre-heated oven 200c or Fan 180c and cook for 25 minutes or until cooked through. (75c if using a meat thermometer probe is cooked)
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes whilst you dish out your steamed vegetables and smoked paprika potatoe wedges. Slice at an angle and arrange on the plate and add any melted cheese from the tray to the chicken.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.